Manchester Cares Ltd Privacy Notice
Our use of Your Data
In order to work with you, The Cares Family will occasionally need to gather and use certain personal information about you. For example, your name and address or other information pertinent to you (your “Personal Information”).
If you are providing information on other people you are responsible for, you must ensure you have their consent to share this information. By providing this information to us, we are entitled to assume you have that person’s permission to do so and for us to contact them.
Our primary concern is always the safety of our neighbours and volunteers. So if you have any concerns or issues with or about any other volunteer or neighbour with whom you interact as part of any The Cares Family’s activity, please do not hesitate to share those concerns and any further information necessary for us to take reasonable steps to protect or prevent any harm to any person.
This document details what we do with that information.
- We collect your Personal Information in a number ways, namely:
- When you complete a registration form in which you provide your name, address and contact details. For our volunteers we ask additional personal information to allow us to complete appropriate digital screening checks;
- When you contact us either via telephone, email or via the website you will possibly be asked for the same information referred to above; or
- We only do this in order to engage you in The Cares Family’s activities and to manage and administer the services we provide. This may include sharing it with other institutions that support you (with your permission). For example, The Cares Family routinely shares your Personal Information between participants of the Love Your Neighbour programme in order for us to support you, but in sharing this data we shall ensure they will also comply with these rules.
- We promise we never sell your Personal Information to any organisation.
- We are required to ensure your Personal Information is accurate and so as part of our work, we may need to ask you some questions from time to time and sometimes even the ones we’ve asked you before, sorry!
- If you are no longer engaging in The Cares Family’s work, we may keep your Personal Information in case you need our services again or for our records. You may ask us for a copy of what we hold about you or that we destroy our copy at any time by writing to us at The Cares Family, c/o 3Space, International House, Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, London SW9 7QE or by emailing us at [email protected] and we will do as you ask. In addition, we will regularly review the information we hold and destroy those records for which we no longer have a good reason to store.
- Your Personal Information is held electronically on our IT systems in a safe and secure way. Our staff will occasionally make notes in their notebooks but they will then input any relevant data onto our IT system and destroy the paper copy – this is the best way to keep your Personal Information safe and secure.
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely by any of our suppliers in accordance with this policy.
- We ensure that all of our staff are aware of and adhere to these rules. If they leave us, they are not allowed to take any documentation or information about you with them.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the loss or unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, your Personal Information, we shall promptly assess the risk to your rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this to the appropriate Authorities (more information available here).